CONDITIONS WE TREAT
Massage Therapy for Fibromyalgia
If you have Fibromyalgia
We can help!
Widespread muscle pain, tenderness, and fatigue are considered classic symptoms of Fibromyalgia. When affected by this condition, even simple tasks can cause chronic pain and symptoms.
Massage Therapy & Movement Therapy Can Help!
And that’s what we do at Optimal Wellness; with significant experience treating this condition, our experts can help you overcome the extremely taxing symptoms of chronic Fibromyalgia and help you feel 100%.
Schedule a Treatment!
For Fibromyalgia, we recommend scheduling our Optimal Movement Assessment & Optimal Pain Management Massage.
Berkshire County The Berkshires
Open Weekdays & Weekends
Causes of Fibromyalgia
It is believed that repeated nerve stimulation can cause the function of the brain and spinal cord of people with fibromyalgia to develop abnormalities. Studies suggest that these abnormalities in turn cause chemicals to suggest pain mechanisms to the brain.
Our brain, especially pain receptors, can develop a memory or pattern of the pain which becomes sensitized and easily triggered. This results in responses to several stimuli both painful and nonpainful.
There are likely many factors that lead to these changes, including:
- Fibromyalgia is considered to be a genetic condition, thus causing certain genetic mutations that may make families more likely to get it.
- Infections and illnesses can also lead to or aggravate fibromyalgia.
- Trauma is caused by physical or emotional events. This may include auto accidents or prolonged physical and mental stress.
Massage & Movement Therapy can help reduce or eliminate fibromyalgia symptoms by:
- Reducing the stress response in your body
- Increase mobility and body control
- Restore healthy tissue quality in both muscle and fascia
Why Choose Optimal Wellness?
Our specialists are here to help in any way possible. How we stand out is with our proprietary assessment procedure that targets the root cause of this ailment. By analyzing movement patterns, we can deliver a routine that can be followed from the comfort of your home for long-lasting relief!